Buyers & Sellers
Real Estate Lawyer in Boston, Milton, and Quincy, MA
Buying or selling a home is one of the most important financial decisions a person may make in their lifetime. It can also be one of the most stressful, complicated and full of twists and turns. We understand your concern at SINC LAW. P.C. Our commitment is to ensure that your real estate settlement transaction is completed in the most professional and stress-free environment as possible.
So what does an attorney do for you on the buy side of a real estate transaction? They will often review the offer to purchase, draft, revise and negotiate the Purchase and Sale agreement contract and depending on the contract language, may request modifications to the terms of the contract. The buyer would rely on the attorney to explain all the legal documents for closing: the deed, the buyer’s and seller’s disclosure forms, mortgage documents, survey (if applicable), and the title report to ensure that clear marketable title is being conveyed. The attorney will also review the final Closing Disclosure, Loan and/or Closing documents and conduct the closing in the best interest to all parties.
For a seller, the attorney would review the offer to purchase, draft, revise and negotiate the Purchase and Sale agreement, prepare the appropriate legal documents including the Deed, power of Attorney, if you can’t be present at closing, request mortgage payoffs, resolve any type of title issue, if any and attend the closing to ensure the seller is represented at the highest level of accuracy and professionalism.
The Real Estate Department of the Law Firm has limited its practice to real estate matters for over 15 years, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Residential real estate transactions for purchasers, sellers and lenders
- Commercial real estate transactions for sellers.
- Refinances for borrowers
- Preparation of Condominium Documents and Restrictive Covenants for Developers
- Preparation of residential and commercial contracts for purchasers, sellers and developers, including reservation contracts
- Preparation of leases
- Formation of corporations and limited liability companies
- All aspects of 1031 exchanges, but not 1031 reverse exchanges
- Preparation of Wills, Living Wills, Trusts, Health Care Proxies and Powers of Attorneys
- Short Sale Negotiations
- Handle Foreclosed properties and deliver Clear Marketable Title to all Buyers.
In Massachusetts, only lawyers can issue title insurance and commitments. To make certain that your transaction is completed correctly, consult with SINC LAW.
Concerns about legal ramifications and details required to successfully close your real estate transaction can be stressful. By working together with your realtor, mortgage lender and other trusted advisers, we will help ensure that your closing and settlement process is a positive experience for you.