Welcome to Allston, A Designated Neighborhood in Boston, MA - Real Estate and More
Welcome to Allston, Massachusetts – Real Estate and More
Located in Norfolk County, Allston is one of 23 designated neighborhoods in Boston, MA. For the most part, Allston is normally associated with the adjacent neighborhood of Brighton; referred to together as “Allston-Brighton”. Allston is almost completely cut off from the main body of the City of Boston by the town of Brookline, which borders Allston to the south. It is connected to the rest of Boston only by a small portion of its eastern border that is shared with the Fenway/Kenmore neighborhood.
Allston is home to numerous small businesses and restaurants, see Allston Village below. Brighton Avenue boasts various ethnic and national cuisines from around the world. Harvard Avenue hosts a number of furniture stores, thrift shops, and stores that offer items for resale, due to the large student body and high residential turnover.
Things to do in Allston:
- Paradise Rock Club – The Paradise Rock Club (formerly known as the Paradise Theater) is a 933 person capacity music venue. The venue accommodates small music festivals and non music related events.
- Deep Ellum -Aaron Sanders and Max Toste opened the doors to Deep Ellum in 2007, a collaborative venture born out of their shared appreciation of craft beer, classic cocktails, and wholesome cooking.
- Our Fathers Delicatessen – “NEW” A modern neighborhood delicatessen and restaurant/bar. This “modern Jewish deli inspired by old school tradition but firmly rooted in new school ways” comes from the group behind Franklin Cafe, Tasty Burger, and Citizen Public. It will open in the Continuum building in Lower Allston by the end of 2017.
- Allston Village Main Street – Allston Village is home to nearly 300 storefront businesses including retail, restaurants, bars, and service based businesses and approximately 90% of them are small business owners who employ people that live in Allston Brighton and the immediate surrounding areas.
- Twin Donuts – This long-standing shop’s 1950s facade is an Allston icon—as are its cheap, tasty donuts. The compact joint opens at 4am, making it a regular haunt of early risers and night owls alike.
The City of Boston is now called home to almost 6,873,018 residents. Estimated median household income is $78,800. Median home price is $560,300. Boston has a split tax rate; for fiscal year 2017, the real estate tax rate is $10.59 for residential and $25.37 for commercial and industrial properties.
Here are some important links that can help you navigate the City of Boston:
Are you considering buying or selling a home in Allston, MA? Do you need a real estate lawyer? SINC Law provides comprehensive real estate closing services in Allston, MA. Call our office at 781-930-3189 and speak with Bill Sincavage.
Real Estate Lawyer in Back Bay, Beacon Hill, Brighton and Boston, Massachusetts
25 Braintree Hill Office Park
Braintree, MA 02184