Welcome to Foxborough, MA - Real Estate and More
Welcome to Foxborough, Massachusetts – Real Estate and More
Located in Norfolk County, Foxborough is located 22 mile from Boston and 18 miles from Providence, RI. It is easily accessible to Route 95 and Route 495. Foxborough, also known as Foxboro, borders Bristol County to the neighboring town of Mansfield and borders to Plainville, Wrentham, Norfolk, Walpole and Sharon in Norfolk County.
The town was settled in 1704 and incorporated in 1778. Foxborough was once home to the world’s largest straw hat factory called Union Straw Works. Founded by local businessman E.P. Carpenter, it burned to the ground in the early 20th century. The town post office is now located on the site.
Foxborough is best know for Gillette Stadium and being home to the New England Patriots (NFL) and the New England Revolution (MLS). Here are some venues and activities exclusive to Foxborough:
- Gillette Stadium – Known as “New England’s premier sport, entertainment and event venue”. The New England Patriots and New England Revolution call this stadium their home. The facility opened in 2002, replacing the old Foxboro Stadium. The Gillette Stadium is owned and operated by the Kraft Sports Group, through which Robert Kraft owns the New England Patriots and New England Revolution.
- New England Patriots – An American football team that participates in the National Football League as part of the American Football Conference (AFC) East division. A successful franchise, the Patriots have won 9 Super Bowl Championships, with 7 of them being won since 2000 under coach Bill Belichick and quarterback Tom Brady. The team is owned by Robert Kraft.
- New England Revolution – An American professional soccer club based out of Gillette Stadium that competes in Major League Soccer (MLS), in the Eastern Conference of the league. It is one of the ten charter clubs of MLS, having competed in the league since its inaugural season. The club is owned by Robert Kraft who also owns the New England Patriots along with his son, Jonathan Kraft and Dr. Giancarlo Perez, who is a major investor of the club.
- Patriot Place – An open air shopping complex located at Gillette Stadium. The facility opened in 2007 to compliment Gillette Stadium with retail shopping, dining, entertainment, medical and lodging facilities.
- F. Gilbert Hills State Forest – This is a 1000-acre state forest that offers 23 miles of trails through pine and oak landscape. You can hike, mountain bike, and horseback ride, among other activities. The park is also part of the 30-mile Warner Trail that stretches from Sharon, Mass to Diamond Hill State Park in Rhode Island.
- Normandy Farms – Located deep in the woods between Boston and Cape Cod, Normandy Farms is a luxury camping destination voted among “Top 13 Campgrounds in the World” by the Travel Channel.
Foxborough has an open town meeting form of government managed by a Town Manager and 5 elected Board of Selectman.
The town is now called home to almost 17,731 residents. Estimated median household income is $100,758. Median home price is $430,800. Foxborough has a split tax rate. For fiscal year 2017, the real estate tax rate is $15.04 for residential and $17.13 for commercial and industrial properties.
Foxborough Public Schools consist of 3 elementary schools, the Vincent M. Igo Elementary School, Mabelle M. Burrell Elementary School and Charles G. Taylor Elementary School, the John J. Ahern Middle School and Foxborough High School.
Here are some important links that can help you navigate the Town of Foxborough:
Are you considering buying or selling a home in Foxborough, MA? Do you need a real estate lawyer? SINC Law provides comprehensive real estate closing services in Foxborough, MA. Call our office at 781-930-3189 and speak with Bill Sincavage.
Real Estate Lawyer in Foxborough, Mansfield, Sharon and Boston, Massachusetts